Playseat® at the DiRT 4 announcement event!
We partnered up with Codemasters and Koch Media for the official announcement event of DiRT 4! During a big press event with a massive Playseat® simulator line up, it was announced that multi-million selling off-road DiRT franchise returns on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in June 2017! The Playseat® Sensation PRO racing chairs helped to set the tone of DiRT 4 being Bigger, Better and Bolder than ever before.
The game features buggies, trucks, rally, rallycross and a game changer for racing! We are definitely looking forward to this new DiRT game which promises to be an awesome new edition in the succesful franchise!
Among the special guests present at the DiRT 4 announcement event were professional rallycross drivers Petter Solberg and Kris Meeke! They are involved with the development of the game and after the announcement and presentation of the game, it was time for Solberg and Meeke to show their virtual racing skills. Seated on a Playseat® Sensation PRO with motion system they experienced how realistic and fun racing games can be and clearly enjoyed it!
DiRT 4 will feature a game changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique stages at the touch of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
Globally renowned for delivering premium quality, authentic and fun racing games, Codemasters is once more bringing its talent and experience to the world of off-road driving. With DiRT 4, the team have sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, accessibility and adrenalin-fuelled contests previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the bruising contests from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face the challenges from as far apart as Australia, Spain and California in a truly global sport.
DiRT 4 challenges you to “Be Fearless” by capturing the thrill, emotion and passion of off-road racing. It recreates the heady mix of adrenalin and fear that comes from powering around a blind bend and the rush you feel going for a last ditch overtake when there’s not enough room on the final lap of a race. Off-road racing is about more than perfect cornering, it’s about heart-pounding split section decision making where bravery brings reward.
Key features of DiRT 4:
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2.
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales.
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series.
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico.
- JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends.
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards.
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world.
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system.
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style.
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.